Tuesday 16 June 2009

The Price of WOW!



What a big question to be asked by the creative fraternity.



What’s this WOW! factor? Lately came to be known as the ultimate sign of creative triumph, or so is it?



Not exactly an alien expression, to me or to any of you, the creative citizens. It expresses itself seldom-lonely. It attracts the utmost attention of the people around it. It’s a short form of cherishing our unfulfilled dreams. Say this short word and see the magic begin all around you.



Along came the reason to define some feelings or name it ….exactly that’s what WOW is. The urgency to express something unknown, with utmost sincerity. Come on…its as simple as drawing a straight line on paper.
It’s simple, yet complicated to spell. When the moment comes to say this word, we get a cold feeling of selfishness deep inside our heart. Something stops us to spell it. Maybe it will just rip off our soul. May be…



It took me some real good thinking, the first time I said WOW. My self exploration is still on, from that day. My first spell out was a bit early, that I realised later on. When someone real creative called it and displayed a sense of aloofness. What a performance of expressing ones true feelings, without touching your heart deep inside. He showed how to surf just a bit above your soul, while saying this WOW thing. I corrected myself that day. Now I am a more sensible creative guy, who knows the real way of saying WOW!



Timing my dear…is the real secret to all this. Just delaying a few words of appreciation can make a whole lot of difference to ones own image of self worth. WOW is in short supply this days. Reasons unknown to the creative fraternity. Maybe we have stopped saying this word out of compulsion. Just want to keep it shut within our heart, locked with our selfish attitude.



Now things are safe….nobody will spell this WOW thing.



But during all this, WOW paid a heavy price of failure. WOW is now a heartless, lonely old fellow. Looking for some solace among us. No body cares for him. I just heard we are now looking for an old home for his safe stay in this sane world. God bless this good old fellow, for he had served his purpose well, when I was in need for him. Thanks WOW! I will always remember you. You will always exist in my heart.



And I promise to spell you out every moment I get the opportunity to do so, till my last breath!

2 comments:

Deeksha Malhotra said...

W O W....!!!!

Madhavi said...

This is true expression not only applicable to WOW but every piece of this living earth, we are shying away from our own true expressions, we have forgotten the true meaning of 'love'