Tuesday 16 June 2009

Death of an Idea

Everybody likes to kill something or the other!
Some are fly killers, some like to play around with cockroaches or spidey’s, are some of the favourites.

Like for myself, I am an-idea-killer (or should I say us!).

Others like me do exist…I have a strong conviction for that.

It takes nothing to be like me. Just a few hiccups, few painful realisations, a lots of sweat & a little bit of practicality. You also have all the ingredients in you, to be the same as me, unless you want to be someone else. But I do have an idea…right now!
Want to see it the light of the day….alas some know-it-all dude kills it, right there in front of me.

It’s a painful journey for me, starting with the sowing to the reaping of an idea. They come in all forms & sizes….and at all times. Boundations they have none. For they are from the family of thoughts.
It takes seconds-to-months-to-years-time to germinate. But only a few seconds to terminate.


We all feel proud to kill someones’ ideas. With jest we do it, till the last sign of originality is gone. Ideas are plenty to be found on the streets of creativity, some are half born, some soulless, others want to cry for support & most of them are heart broken.
The fault lies with us, the procreators. Pardon me Sir/Madam, for we are unaware of the killer instinct of many of the CREATIVE jealots among us! Wow they love to hate us, the ideators. Seldom they miss out on the devilish pleasures of destroying ones’ ideas. I pity with them, I have stopped rolling the tears.

>Now realisation has taken its place<
IDEA’S are born to die, (cheers!) and what a nameless death it has to be. No my friend, no need to cry for your beloved idea, for it was good for that idiot to leave this world. It would have been unfair for that lonely IDEA to be among us and still breathing, knowing none of the realities of life. No matter what it looks like, good or bad, acceptable or not, it needs to be terminated with the utmost of sincererity.


And everybody takes part in the process with their heart’s closed, eyes shut & ears plugged. They are not to do any thinking before or after terminating that idea of yours.

Well, its pleasurable for every one of us and sometimes becomes our favourite pastime feature. I would like to invite the whole mankind known or unknown to me, to come and participate in this fair game of ours….the ideal idea termination game!

To hell with all ideas. Boooooowwww……!!!!

Have you felt good reading the above line of self low-denomination, I hope so!
If that is the case, then my friend you are a born IDEA killer. No pun intended, You are the chosen one (no Matrix stuff). So go ahead, take your killing shot on any God damn idea you come across right away…..


Hope you are feeling better by NOW!!!!



By Soumen Bhowmick
©Soumen Bhowmick





No comments: