Saturday 16 May 2020

Art in Lockdown 2020 - 2


Fear and more fear looming all around us, day and night. No clue how to be safe. No clue of our future. Uncertainty is the only reality during this Corona Pandemic. His forced isolation is unbearable and unbelievably painful for our mind and body. I want to go out and shout my heart clear of all anxiety. When I see and hear about the horrible pain and agony faced by my fellow citizens, it breaks my heart. And as an artist I want to do something to question and protest against this brutal treatment to Indian migrant workers. How obnoxiously could we as a society and as a nation. We failed our own people. 



Like to draw something cheerful maybe just to feel good during this gloomy lockdown. But even if I tried many a times, I couldn't draw jolly good, pretty pictures. Simply I can't deny the endless brutality thrown upon my fellow beings. Doctors dying due to lack of PPEs and face mask. People dying of hunger. Children screaming for help while walking hundreds of miles to their villages. People looking for safety and food like a mirage in a concrete jungle. A terrible sense of hopelessness envelopes you sometimes. Within this emotional turmoil I had to survive as an artist to create the contemporary developments. Financially it was challenging too. So many difficulties reared its head at this time of lockdown. Trust me, I went through hell and beyond. And most probably many of you too experienced the same. 








No comments: