Friday 12 June 2015

SUMMER ART CARNIVAL 2011 - NGMA, New Delhi



SUMMER ART CARNIVAL 2011, held at National Gallery of Modern Art, Delhi.
In this particular video I captured the works done on paper by the medium age group children. They have drawn and painted with complete freedom and honesty.I was the instructor for this particular group of young creative’s. I am conducting the Summer Art Workshops with NGMA since 2009. Over the years the journey has been a self exploration for me as well.

Every day is a new challenge. With hundreds of innocent and equally tough questions put across by these young participants, keep one’s mind absolutely agile. All the paintings, drawings, collages and creations out of waste were done on the spot for ten continuous days. It was a great learning process for me also. More than the kids I learned a lot from them. Their innocent handling of colours and forms amazed me. The spontaneity of young minds is best used while creating art. When the kids participate in groups, their competitive attitude and sharing of ideas increases manifolds. Group activities like creating objects of art out of waste material; instill a feeling of openness and confidence in the child.

The group of children learns to use various materials and methods of art, like; watercolor, acrylic, soft pastel, oil pastel, charcoal, pen and ink, relief work, uses of typography, collage making, importance of colour, various forms, textures, basic printmaking, basic mask making, cartooning, creating art book, sketching, object drawing and creating objects of art out of waste material. I try my best to inculcate the concept of experimentation and art with complete freedom.


No comments: