Wednesday 22 April 2015

A LAND OF THOUSAND TEARS



No one can hear my cry, no one cares to ask me the reason why. I keep crying till the day I just quit from this land of tears, just to save my family. My soul keeps searching till eternity for the reason of my tears. I saw happiness in few droplets and in small corners of my land. Till one day the Gods show no mercy on my land and I was torn apart from my beloved land.

This may be the tale of most of the Indian farmers, who are waging a war of survival with mother nature. 
With very few support from any establishment, they are left to fend for themselves. For how long their heart keeps beating and they keep tilling their lands, is a national mystery. With my series of drawings titled “A LAND OF THOUSAND TEARS” I tried to highlight the precarious situation of our farmers. I solemnly believe that some positive steps would be taken to salvage this heart wrenching, daily ordeal of our hardworking farmers.

By Soumen Bhowmick, 2015.

No comments: